Full Time & Part Time EMS Positions
Posted on: March 25, 2022 - 10:39am
The Highland County Department of EMS has full time employment opportunities for BLS and ALS providers to respond to emergency medical calls and working together with other career and volunteer staff in our combination system. Full time staff will work 24 hours on 48 hours off. Full time employees are eligible to receive county benefits including health, dental, vacation/sick leave, VRS benefits.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s license with acceptable DMV record
- Valid Virginia EMS Certification EMT or higher
- AHA BLS Healthcare Provider CPR or equivalent
- EVOC Class II
- Hazardous Materials Awareness or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800 within 90 days of hire
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- All prospective employees will be subject to initial and random background checks, DMV screenings, and drug screenings.
- National Registry Certification
- Instructor Certifications
- One year of experience at current certification level